Friday, September 27th
Choice Health & Fitness
10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Bibs and swag for all relay team members will be packaged together; only one person will be able to pick up the team’s materials. Click here to learn more.
You will be given the number of bibs based on the number of people on your team. There will be ONE bib with a timing chip attached to a race belt. None of the other bibs have timing chips on them, but they must be worn ON YOUR BACK to identify your status as a registered runner. This race belt, with the bib attached, will need to be passed from participant to participant at the exchanges.
Important: This belt will need to be returned at the finish line or the team will be assessed a $30 fee.
- The timing belt must be passed to the new runner to complete the transition.
- Watch for your runner and be ready to transition as soon as they come into sight.
- Please be sure to stay out of the way of transitioning runners while you wait.
- Step into the transition lane ONLY when your relay teammate is in view.
- After your leg has been completed, you are welcome to continue running on the race course with your new relay teammate.
- If you expect to have a time for the entire full marathon, you will need to contact someone at the information table on Friday during Packet Pick up hours (10AM to 7PM).
- Please obey all volunteer instructions at the Exchange Stations.
There will be 2 shuttles for the half marathon relay runners:
7:45 Shuttle for the 1st exchange of 3 and 2nd exchange of 3
7:50 Shuttle for the 1st exchange of 2
Both shuttles will leave the Shuttle departure area to the west of the Porta-Potties on 46th Ave, next to Bully Brew Coffee and the south exit to the Wild Hog parking lot. Please look for the signs to know were to stand.
The shuttle vehicles will leave promptly, so please do not be late!
EXCHANGE STATION INFO – 3-PERSON RELAY
- 1st transition of the 3-person relay.
- On Elks Drive as you enter the Lincoln Park Golf Course on the left side of the race course.
- Approximately 3.8 miles into the race.
- Leg 2 will be approximately 4.4 miles long.
There will be a porta-potty, tent and bottled water for the finishing runner.
- 2nd transition of the 3-person relay.
- Corner of Almonte Ave and 10th Ave S on the right side of the race course.
- Approximately 8.2 miles into the race.
- Leg 3 will be approximately 4.9 miles long.
Walking will be required to get to/from this exchange station as it is located in a residential neighborhood. Parking is available at Phoenix Elementary School which is located on the corner of Belmont Rd and 4th Ave S. This is approximately 6 blocks from the Exchange Station so please plan your time accordingly. There will be a tent, porta-potty and bottled water for the finishing runner.
EXCHANGE STATION INFO – 2-PERSON RELAY
- Only transition for the 2-person relay.
- Corner of Bygland Rd and 5th St SE in East Grand Forks on the left side of the race course.
- 6.1 miles into the race.
- Leg 2 will run the remaining 7 miles of the course.
Parking will be available along Rhinehart Dr next to the Senior Citizen’s Center for those choosing to drive themselves. There will be a porta-potty, tent, and bottled water for the finishing runner.
The approximate times for the shuttle to pick up at each exchange are as follows:
3-Person Exchange #1 – 9:00 This pickup will occur at the corner of Chestnut St & Park Dr, 2 blocks north and 1 block west of the exchange zone.
2-Person Exchange #2 – 9:20 This pick up will occur on Rhinehart Dr in front of the EGF Senior Citizen’s Center, one block south of the exchange zone.
3-Person Exchange #3 – 9:45 This pick up will occur on the corner of Reeves Dr and 10th Ave S, one block west of the exchange zone.
All times are approximate since traffic during the race can delay the normal route for the van.
There is no shuttle service offered for direct drop off at the individual mile markers, but 13-person relay participants are welcome to ride the van and walk from the various drop-off locations.
The van leaves at 7:45 AM from the Shuttle departure area just to the West of the porta-potties on 46th Ave, next to Bully Brew Coffee and the south exit to the Wild Hog parking lot. Please look for the signs to know where to stand. There will only be the one shuttle, so please do not be late!
The first leg runner completes their assignment at Mile Marker 1 of the HALF MARATHON, leg two finishes at Mile Marker 2, and so on. It is often helpful to have one or two designated drivers for this event. Please keep in mind that the race course roads are closed and in some cases, walking to the individual mile markers may take some time. Please be aware that the flags are labeled by race, so 13-person relay participants will need to look for the “HALF MARATHON” flags.
Again, there is no shuttle for the 13-person relay, but they are welcome to go to the pick-up/drop-off zones listed below to get a ride if they would like:
Exchange #1 – 9:00 This pickup will occur at the corner of Chestnut St & Park Dr, 2 blocks north and 1 block west of the exchange zone.
Exchange #2 – 9:20 This pick up will occur on Rhinehart Dr in front of the EGF Senior Citizen’s Center, one block south of the exchange zone.
Exchange #3 – 9:45 This pick up will occur on the corner of Reeves Dr and 10th Ave S, one block west of the exchange zone.
All times are approximate since traffic during the race can delay the normal route for the bus.
Runners are welcome to drive to their exchange stations, but are warned that parking may be limited and the participants are responsible for their own vehicles.
Good luck and have fun!
Share your running story: