IMPORTANT: Please pay special attention to whether you are a FULL Marathon Relay or HALF marathon Relay Participant. The start time for the FULL Marathon is 7:15AM, so the FULL Marathon Relay also starts at that time. Failure to start at the correct time will disqualify your time. The race course will not be open for the FULL marathon relay after the 7:15AM start.
Bibs and swag for all relay team members will be packaged together; only one person will be able to pick up the team’s materials. Click here to learn more.
You will be given the number of bibs based on the number of people on your team. There will be ONE bib with a timing chip attached to a race belt. None of the other bibs have timing chips on them, but they must be worn ON YOUR BACK to identify your status as a registered runner. The race belt, with the bib attached, will need to be passed from participant to participant at the exchanges.
Important: This belt will need to be returned at the finish line or the team will be assessed a $30 fee.
- The timing belt must be passed to the new runner to complete the transition.
- Watch for your runner and be ready to transition as soon as they come into sight.
- Please be sure to stay out of the way of transitioning runners while you wait.
- Step into the transition lane ONLY when your relay teammate is in view.
- After your leg has been completed, you are welcome to continue running on the race course with your new relay teammate.
- If you expect to have a time for the entire full marathon, you will need to contact someone at the information table on Friday during Packet Pick up hours (10AM to 7PM).
- Please obey all volunteer instructions at the Exchange Stations.
At 7:30 AM, the shuttle will leave the shuttle departure area to the west of the porta-potties on 46th Ave, next to Bully Brew Coffee and the south exit to the Wild Hog Cantina parking lot. Please look for the signs to know where to stand. There will only be the one shuttle van that will leave promptly at 7:30 AM, so do not be late!
- 1st transition of the 4-person relay.
- Corner of 62nd Ave and Adams Dr on the left side of the race course.
- Approximately 7.4 miles into the race.
- Leg 2 will run the next approximately 6.8 miles to mile 14.2.
- There is limited parking at this site, so please consider taking advantage of the shuttle bus to and from this exchange station. There will be a porta-potty, tent, and bottled water for the finishing runner.
- 1st transition of the 2-person relay and the 2nd transition of the 4-person relay.
- Corner of Bygland Rd and 5th St SE in East Grand Forks on the left side of the race course.
- 14.2 miles into the race.
- Leg 3 will run the next approximately 5.8 miles to mile 20.
- Parking will be available along Rhinehart Dr next to the EGF Senior Citizens Center parking lot for those choosing to drive themselves. There will be a porta-potty, tent, and bottled water for the finishing runner.
- 3rd transition of the 4-person relay.
- At the 20-mile marker located on the greenway by the flood monument (just south of Demers Ave) on the right side of the race course.
- 20 miles into the race.
- Leg 4 will run the remaining 6.2 miles of the race.
There is parking available in the parking lot on the north side of Demers Ave along the greenway. There will be a porta-potty, tent and bottled water for the finishing runner.
The approximate times for the shuttle bus to pick up at each exchange are as follows:
Exchange #1 – 8:45 This pickup will occur at the corner of 62nd Ave and Adams Dr, just west of the exchange zone.
Exchange #2 – 9:20 & 10:15 This pickup will occur on Rhinehart Dr in front of the EGF Senior Citizen’s Center, one block south of the exchange zone.
Exchange #3 – 10:00 & 11:15 This pickup will occur in the parking lot on the north side of Demers Ave along the greenway.
All times are approximate since traffic during the race can delay the normal route for the bus.
Good luck and have fun!
Share your running story: